Open to all, this seminar is part of the CCIMI short course; Mathematics of Data – From Theory to Computation (https://talks.cam.ac.uk/show/index/83647).
The first three lectures (14:00-14:45, 15:00-15:45 and 16:00-16:45 on Tuesday 13th March) will cover:
1. Introduction to convex optimization and iterative methods
2. Unconstrained smooth minimization
3. Variable metric methods
- Speaker: Volkan Cevher (Laboratory For Information And Inference Systems, LIONS)
- Tuesday 13 March 2018, 14:00–14:45
- Venue: MR9 Centre for Mathematical Sciences.
- Series: CCIMI Short Course: Mathematics of Data – From Theory to Computation; organiser: Rachel Furner.